In this policy:
SDA means Stocks Discounts Pty Ltd Trading As Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms (ABN 53 010 508 031), and its associated entities.
Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms includes SDA, Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms, and Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms Brands.
Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms Brands means all brands owned by SDA.
SDA Websites means official websites owned by SDA, including stocksappliances.com.au, and any subdomains.
Loyalty Programs refers to various customer loyalty programs offered by our Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms Brands including but not limited to Club Betta, the Insider’s Club and Billys Best Buys.
Personal Information has the meaning given to it under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Sensitive information, includes any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information.
References to we, us and our refer to SDA, unless the context expressly refers to the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms.
Collection of Personal Information
Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include when you:
- order goods or services from us (either online, in-store or over the telephone);
- collect or take delivery of goods that you have ordered from us;
- set up an account with us;
- subscribe to our catalogues, mailing lists or join our Loyalty Programs,
- enter competitions or promotions that we run;
- provide us with your details for customer care purposes including Back Up Plans;
- provide information via one of our websites or social media pages (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), enter a competition or complete a survey, send us an enquiry, provide us with feedback,
- apply for a job at SDA or apply to become a Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms Retailer; and
- via your use of wireless internet access and closed circuit video cameras when you visit one of our stores.
Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms generally collects personal information directly from you. However, Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms also holds information collected incidentally regarding individuals who work for companies or organisations that have a business relationship with us.
The information collected allows us to process and fulfil your orders and notify you of your order status, arrange delivery and assess potential new members of the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms and potential new employees of SDA.
Wherever it is lawful and practicable, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with our company. However, if you do not provide us with the information that is requested, SDA or the relevant Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms Retailer may not be able to deliver relevant goods and services, perform obligations pursuant to Back Up Plans, or fulfil your order or transaction. For personal information collected and used in relation to potential Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms Retailers, please see the Additional Information below.
Types of Personal Information we collect
The types of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- Mailing address;
- Telephone number(s);
- Email address;
- Delivery address;
- Billing address;
- Drivers licence number;
- Date of birth;
- Your user names for social networking sites that you use, or refer to, in conjunction with goods and services;
- Information contained on (and copies of) identification documents (such as driving licences), where we are required to verify your identity;
- Information on how you use our products and services;
- CCTV images of you whilst you are in one of our stores; and
- Business financial details and supplier details (of retailers associated or seeking to be associated with or applying for credit from SDA).
We may also collect and store the following sensitive information of prospective and current employees where it is lawful and reasonable to do so:
- Health information where relevant to your employment;
- COVID-19 vaccination status;
- Criminal record where relevant to your employment.
Where SDA collects sensitive information, we will always explain the purpose, and store it securely on a need to know basis.
Collection of Personal Information through our websites
The Sites may contain links/plug-ins to other third party sites. SDA is not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices or policies of those sites, Whilst we will only deal with reputable service providers, we recommend that you read the privacy statement of the third-party site if you are redirected.
How we use and disclosure of Personal Information
At SDA we will use your personal information primarily for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling and processing your orders, and/or disclosing the personal information to other members of the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms in order to fulfil and process your orders;
- Marketing and promoting our products and services and our retailers’ products and services, and/or disclosing the personal information to members of the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms in order for them to market and promote their products and services to you;
- Disclosing your personal information to members of the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms, and third party suppliers and manufacturers to assist with recording proof of purchase and fulfilling warranty, Back Up Plan and consumer guarantee obligations;
- Facilitating and enhancing the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms’s relationship with you and providing Loyalty Programs;
- Performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes;
- Creating new or tailoring existing products, services or offers, and to selectively target promotional offers and opportunities;
- Protecting the security of members of the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms, as well as our staff, customers, suppliers and goods and services (including theft and fraud prevention);
- Answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media communications;
- Recruiting and managing employees;
- Ensuring the ongoing health and safety of our employees;
- Managing risks including employee fraud;
- Internal accounting and administration including to our insurers and insurance brokers;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance including law enforcement agencies; and
- Providing IT support.
In addition to the above, If you return goods to the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms for repair and those goods contain personal information (for example on a mobile phone or computer), you consent to the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms disclosing any personal information contained on the goods to the repairer by way of the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms retailer sending the goods to the repairer.
We may distribute your personal information within the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms for all the purposes described above, and disclose it to trusted third parties in connection with our normal business operations. For example, we may disclose your personal information to financial institutions for the purposes of payment processing, or to third party contractors for the purposes of validating or completing your transaction, delivery, service and warranty. Where stock is unavailable, we may disclose your personal information to a third party subcontractor for the purposes of fulfilling your order.
In the case of job applicants, we may provide your personal information (other than sensitive information) to your referees. We may also disclose your personal information to regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws.
Direct Marketing and Opting Out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms, you consent to us contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may contact you in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, via social media, SMS, MMS and telephone.
SDA complies with the Spam Act 2007 (Cth) and other applicable laws. If you do not wish to be contacted by the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms about the other products and services we offer, simply write, phone, fax or email us using the contact details set out below and we will remove you from any mail, telephone or electronic lists used by us for marketing purposes. Please be sure to include your name, address, phone number and any other relevant details in your request, so that we can be sure to remove all personal information which may be held in our database.
Alternatively, you can use the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages to opt out of receiving those types of messages.
Please be aware we may contact you for administrative or transactional purposes, to notify you about important changes or to respond to your enquiries, even if you unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Express consent can be verbal or written, for example when you purchase a product online, or apply for employment with SDA. Your implied consent is taken when you contact a member of the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms either online, by phone or instore and provide us with personal information.
SDA will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. At SDA Head Office, both physical and electronic security mechanisms are in place and undergo routine review and testing. Personal information that is no longer needed or required to be retained for legal purposes will be destroyed or permanently de-identified as appropriate.
While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our Site, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online; that information is disclosed at your own risk. You can help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know immediately.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information Overseas
In order to supply goods and services to the Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms Retailers and their customers, SDA may need to disclose personal information to one or more overseas recipients, including but not limited to third party service providers, suppliers and manufacturers.
Where we disclose personal information to an overseas recipient, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure compliance with Australian Privacy Principle 8 Cross-border disclosure of personal information.
We have listed below the known countries and regions in which the overseas organisations with which we share your personal information are located.
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific region
It is not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held, for example, when your personal information is stored in cloud or other networked or electronic storage. In these types of circumstances, disclosures may occur in countries other than those listed above.
Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information we share with them under foreign law. In those instances, we will not be responsible for that disclosure.
Credit Applications and Accounts
Any credit-related personal information we may collect with regards to credit applications and accounts is subject to the terms of our Credit Information Policy available by contacting the Privacy Officer.
Integrity, Access and Correction
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect and use is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You can help us keep the personal information we hold up-to-date by advising us of any changes to your contact details.
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, please send an email to our Privacy Officer (see contact details below) and we will respond to you within 30 days. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests. A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
Access, Contact and Complaints
If you require further information, wish to access, update or correct your personal information, opt out from marketing or make a complaint, please contact us at:
The Privacy Officer
Stocks Designer Appliances & Bathrooms
797 Sandgate Road
Clayfield QLD 4011
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response from SDA within 30 days you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at www.oaic.gov.au.
The current version is available at https://www.stocksappliances.com.au/privacy-policy/ or by contacting us on the details provided above.